Solar power for homes and businesses is easier and more affordable thanks to Solarize NOVA, a non-profit, community-based outreach initiative sponsored by the Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC) and the Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP) in partnership with local governments and other supporters. Solarize NOVA is a one-stop-shop for everyone to learn more about solar power for their homes and businesses and to facilitate the installation and financing of their own project. Through bulk purchasing and free solar site assessments, Solarize NOVA puts solar power within reach.
Since 2014, our 13 SolarizeNOVA Campaigns have supported 131 PV installations totaling 1.002 MW of capacity and valued at over $3.3 million. Plus, we’ve performed efficiency assessments at more than 330 homes.
Benefits of the program include:
- Free solar site assessments
- Bulk discounted solar system pricing
- Qualified local solar installers and high performance systems
- Community workshops and support
- A great investment in clean energy
- Access to LEAP’s energy efficiency experts
Solarize recently featured on Reston Impact